Friday, May 27, 2022

Suspended Book Fold Card

Today I have made a Suspended Book Fold Card following a tutorial by Iced Images. She also has the original design of this card. It is not a particular difficult card to make, however, it does come off as quite a striking card.
I decided to use papers from the Ocean Tale collection from Craft Consortium, a company that has tons of gorgeous collections! Some of which I have made cards with before, as well.(Triple Stepper Card using the Little Fawn and Friends Collection, a Slimline Concertina Card also using the Little Fawn and Friends Collection, a Shadow Box Card using the At Home in the Wildflowers Collection, and a Letter M Gift Box using the Circus Collection). The papers I chose today was from the 6" x 6" paper pad, and I did this mainly because I felt that I would be able to show of more of the patterns in the stunning papers that are designed by Clare Therese Gray.
The collection comes with a variety of things besides the papers, and amongst the embellishments are some beautiful woodshapes. I chose one of them, a blue whale, to be the star of my card. In addition, I stamped a sentiment that I popped up on some acetate, above the whale.
The only thing I changed from Iced Images´ original design, was that I made an actual 5" x 7" folded card base, instead of just a card front. That way I have an inside where I can write my message. Instead of leaving the inside of my card blank, I stamped and heat embossed a couple of whales and a sentiment, just for some decoration.
The card is supposed to fold flat for mailing. I did, however, kind of ruin that by putting my front sentiment popped up on acetate. Because the acetate is somewhat flexible, though, I think it will be ok to push the sentiment down onto the card front, if I decide to mail it to someone. Because of the acetate, it will probably "pop up" (with a little persuation) close to it´s intended shape once it is taken out of the envelope again.
I will definetely be making more cards using Craft Consortium´ gorgeous Ocean Tale collection!
Here is the tutorial by Iced Images:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...