Sunday, April 25, 2021

Tri-Fold Z Fold Card with Matching Box

I have wanted to make a card that would showcase some of the beautiful Graphic 45 papers that I have recently purchased. I have made a Double Gatefold:
and a Lattice Fold Card:
both displaying G45's collection "Fairie Wings", however, I have also bought another collection of stunning papers called the "Natures Notebook", and this time I wanted to try to highlight some of those papers.
After having had a look on YouTube, I decided I would make my own version of a Tri-Fold Z Fold Card. By making this type of card I would be able to use different patterns on the front, as supposed to on the back of the card. I would also have the chance to make a number of pockets in which I could show off other elements from the collection. I decided to go with a green card base, and layer that with gold, before displaying the pattern paper of my choice. I decided on two different sheets of papers. One for the front of the card, and one for the back of the card, using both sides of each sheet of paper alternating the patterns on both sides of both sheets.
The front of the card:
and the back of the card:
On each of the sides I added strips of Gold cardstock decorated with the same pattern paper that I had used on the panels, just alternating it, to create pockets that I could put tags in. I die cut out some gold tags to fit the pockets, and decided what I wanted to decorate them with. On the middle panel at the back of the card I added a cream piece of paper to write a message or a greeting on. I used matching green ink to create a slight border around the edge of the cream panel.
The tags on the front of the card, (both front and back of the tags):
The tags on the back of the card, (both front and back of the tags):
Because the card ends up being rather bulky, I decided to make a matching box for it, as supposed to a "roomy" envelope.
All in all I am rather happy with the end result!

2 comments:

  1. O Heidi its great. I really like all details and folding and those maching box. Beautiful. I need to try...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Zuza! It was a fun card to do, even with all the measuring and cutting of layers;-)
      I look forward to seeing your card/box when/if you make one! :-)

      Delete

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...