Friday, June 10, 2022

Tri-Fold Stepper Card

Today´s cardstyle is a fold I have had on my "to make" list for quite some time now. I liked it from the very first time I saw it, but as I wasn´t able to sit and craft do to prolapses in my back at the time, I kind of forgot about it. The other day a fellow crafter posted her version of it, and I decided to make one as well.
The tutorial I originally saw on how to make this card, was by Sam Calcott from Mixed Up Craft, and it involved making several templates to get the layers right. I decided I wanted both a mat and a layer, and I ended up making yet another template. It took me a while to figure out how to best do it, but once I got the hang of it, it went fairly quickly. I used digital papers for my patterened papers, and I spent quite a bit of time deciding which ones to use. In the end I settled on some sunflower papers that I purchased from LoveJunkJournals at Etsy.com. I layered that on top of a sunflower yellow mat. I chose black licorice from Lawn Fawn for my card base.
For the back of the card I decided to cut out a piece of white paper and ink up the edges with sunflower yellow ink from Lawn Fawn. The sunflower colored cardstock I used for my layer is also from Lawn Fawn.
I added a sentiment, some bees and sunflowers which were fussycut from my digital papers, and some adhesive enamel dots to finish off the front of the card.
The tutorial I followed:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...