Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Layered cards, both masculine and feminine.

A little while ago, I decided to stray away from following tutorials to make various fun fold cards, and just go with my own creativity and make a couple of simple "from my own head" cards. I had visited a craft store the previous day, and had gotten some inspiration from seeing all the beautiful papers they had there. I might have mentioned before that one of my absolute favorite patterned paper companies is Maja Design from Sweden. They make gorgeous paper collections with good quality papers. I don´t use the papers that I have nearly enough, there are simply so many other good companies out there as well, but for these cards I automatically gravitated towards my Maja Design papers. The papers I have used on these two cards, are from the "Denim and Friends" and the "Denim and Girls" collections. I think I have the complete Denim and Girls collection, and I like to turn to it for a pretty background. The masculine card above also has hemp, a swivel clasp, and a hinge clip from Tim Holtz Idea-ology series, as well as a few embellishments that I have filed down the shiny surface on. I also made a small matching box to put it in.
For my second card I also used papers from Maja Design, as well as a variety of flowers. For this card I made a 5"x7" envelope in a matching color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...