Thursday, June 23, 2022

Faceted Vertical Easel Cards

I originally saw this card style several months ago, and I thought that all the angles on the front would be somewhat complicated. I then saw it again the other day, and after watching the tutorial I decided to give it a go, as I have this collection of papers, "Eastern Influences" by Craft Consortium, that I thought would be perfect for this type of card.
I chose a paper design and then a card base to go with it. I then realized that the collection is full of designs just screaming to be made into cards. SO I picked out another design, then another one, and before I knew it I had cut 5 different card bases, and picked out almost twice the amount of designs that could go with them.
Once I started cutting, there was no turning back. However, it did end up taking a LOT longer than I initially had planned when I set out to make my card. I enjoyed the extra time it took though, and I am really happy with the result.
A couple of my card bases are really bold, but the colors of the designs suits them perfectly.
After finishing all five cards, I was a bit annoyed with myself cause I absolutely do not need five of the same style card. Therefore I decided to make a gift box for them, so that I can give them away as a gift for someone.
I decided to go with a black box, as three of my cards are black. I then chose one of the design I had used, and decorated the front and the inside of my box.
I also added a ribbon inside the box, a great tip that I got from Marta Debicka in a live Craftstash session last Sunday. It is a great help when you want to remove the cards from the box.
All the cards fit perfectly into the gift box. I will make matching envelopes for all the cards as well, and I might even include postage to make it easier for the recipient to use the cards.
The last photo is an attempt to display all the cards along with the box.
The original tutorial I saw for this card:
The tutorial I ended up following when making the cards:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...