Friday, June 24, 2022

Kite Fold Card making marathon🪁

I just took part in a craft-along in one of the Facebook groups that I am a member of. The craft-along was going to show how to make a "Kite Fold Card". You could even buy kits to make the same card as was shown in the crafting session.
I first made this style of card a couple of years ago, and I just made another one a few weeks ago, so I wasn´t following the craft-along to learn how to make the card. It was the decorating part of the card that intrigued me. I have always divided the front of the kite into four parts, and I struggle to get the angles right every time I make one. The kite card in the craft-along only has one panel on the front though, and it is much more heavily decorated than I usually do.
There were two different colorschemed kits, and I had bought both, so I set out aiming to make cards in both colors. Just for show I added yet another card to the mix. I was able to follow along making my three cards for quite a while, however, as we were supposed to start decorating our card(s), I started lagging behind. I am not used to this type of decorating, and it doesn´t come very easily to me. I take forever to decide what goes where, and how many elements to include. As usual when it comes to this type of decorating, I ended up leaving out several elements, as I either didn´t like them, or I couldn´t find a natural placement for them.
I ended up walking away from decorating the cards last night, and finished them this afternoon instead. I am really quite pleased with the results, and I might even make some more in this style.😂

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...