Sunday, June 26, 2022

Buzzing By to Say Hi!

Today´s card is a "Floating Tiered Gatefold Card." inspired by Sam Calcott from Mixed Up Craft. I decided to make it because I thought it would be a great card style to show off Craft Consortium´s beautiful collection "Tell the Bees." However, when I was finished gluing down all the paper designs that I had chosen for the card, I realized that you don´t actually see as much of the beautiful designs that I had hoped. Oh well, it is a beautiful card style, so I still wanted to decorate and finish the card. As I don´t have the stamp set from this collection, I ended up using the bees from a different Craft Consortium collection, "At Home in the Wildflowers." I also cut out a few elements from the actual paper designs, as well as some of the extra toppers on the covers of the paperpads. I had decided to go with copper toned mats for my cards, therefore I heat embossed my sentiments with copper embossing powder, as well. The sentiments are just some that I had in various stamp sets that has bees as theme.
The card closed up, held together by the matching belly band.
Close up of the belly band.
The main panel of the card.
The back side of the card where there is room for a message for the recipient.
The card is a bit bulky, so I chose to make a box, rather than an envelope, for it.
The tutorial that inspired me:
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...