Thursday, March 31, 2022

Letter Gift Boxes

I first heard the idea of Letter Gift Boxes when I saw Mixed Up Craft´s tutorial on the letter "M". It was one of this years makes in Sam Calcott´s Mothers Day Series - "M" for Mother/Mothers Day. I thought it would be perfect as a little gift for my young nephew Mats André, filled with treats, of course. Therefore I decorated it with a theme I thought he would appreciate, papers from the Circus series from Craft Consortium. I also die cut a banner and letters to spell his name, which I glued to the front of the box. I then filled it with lots of different chocolate treats.🍫
The banner with his name.
The back side of the box.
A sideview showing the opening of the box.
When I had finished the "M" box, I felt like I was kind of on a roll, so I decided to try to make others. I initially wanted to make a "C" next, as one of my sisters names starts with a "C". I ended up struggling with that for quite a while, before I decided to put it aside and do a much easier letter first, namely "L". I thought that even someone as bad as I am in math, could figure out the measurements for an "L".😂 And I did, it wasn´t that hard at all. I wanted this to be a birthday card/gift to my brother-in-law, as his name starts with the letter "L". He loves his beer, so I decorated it with papers from Papirdesign, a series called "Mens vi venter" I used stamps from Papirdesign, and unbranded dies to make the decorations, and filled this with chocolates, as well. His birthday is coming up in April, so I haven´t given this to him yet, but I highly doubt that he ever visits my blog, so there is hardly any danger of him seeing it.
The open box.
I have not made any more Letter Gift Boxes yet, but as I suddenly remembered that I have a Brothers ScanNCut, making the actual letters is not a problem at all. It is the edges that links the front to the back of the box, that takes time to figure out. So as of now, I have both the letter "C" and the letter "G" lying around waiting to be turned into boxes. When that will happen, I don´t know...😂! Mixed Up Crafts tutorial for the letter "M".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...