Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Springscrap with Bikuben

During the weekend of March 25.-27th, it was time for Bikubens digital spring scrap meet, Vårscrap med Bikuben. Bikuben is a very well known hobby store, that a while back changed from being an actual store, to being solely a netshop. They have scrap meets twice a year, in the fall and in the spring, and this is the third year they are doing it, so it is becoming a welcomed tradition. I have never taken part before though, and I honestly did not know anything about what to expect! SO, I cleared my weekend and hunkered down in front of my Mac in my craft room, and was ready to do anything that was thrown at me!😂 I figured it was a good idea to print out the program, so that I could see black on white what the plans were. To my surprise there wouldn´t be back to back with demonstrations and live card making. I already knew that there would be one scheduled craft along, cause I had bought the kit to take part in that, however, other than that there were just three demos and a "show and tell" on the docket. As I said befroe, I had no idea what to expect, and I clearly expected something different than I got. What I got was really good, though, don´t get me wrong😉. There were 15 different challenges that could be entered, and you could in theory enter 5 different projects in each challenge. In addition there were so-called speed challenges and night challenges, so you could in fact craft 24/7 if you wanted to. You could also at your own cost, trade tags and ATCs (Artist Trading Cards). Being a big net store like Bikuben is, thay had accumulated a huge prize pot, and all three days they would draw prizes on your entry ticket. They did, of course, have prizes for every challenge as well. To decide who won, they used "Random", that way no one could claim that things were unfair. AND, last but not least, they had special sales in the store for the participants in the scrap meet.
I will list the differnet challenges, wether I had entries or not. I will show my entry in the categories I entered. I just want to say first, though, that those who know me, and how I craft, will already know that I struggled. I have a very hard time getting ideas that I like, and that I am comfortable with, and I wasted TONS of time just pondering on what to do next. So much so, that I wrote all 15 challenges down on little notes and drew them out of a cup, and that was just to know which challenge to pick. Getting ideas for what to make is a whole other matter🤪. So next time, I will have categories of styles to draw from as well!😃
Challenge 1: Creative with Stamps; use at least 3 stamps and make whatever you want.
Challenge 2: (Crafting)Straws; make whatever you like, but you have to incorporate straws in your project.
Challenge 3: Monochrome Cards;
Challenge 4: Confirmation; Norway has the main bulk of confirmations in April/May. Make a project that has the theme "Confirmation".
Challenge 5: Bingo (pick as if you were playing bingo)
My entry:
Challenge 6: (Use at least 3 of the colors.)
Challenge 7: "For the guys." My entry;
Challenge 8: Cheers!! My entry:
Challenge 9: Tag minialbum, minimum 6 tags (I started on this one, made the bases for 3x 8 tag albums, but had no idea how to decorate them, so now I am left wit a lot of tags for later.🤣)
Challenge 10: Happy Easter! My entry:
Challenge 11: Sketch (Use the same layout/placements, but use what ever theme you´d like)
Challenge 12: Pocket Card (following given instructions, make a card that looks like the one in the picture below)
Challenge 13: Mixed Media
Challenge 14: Stars (use minimum 3 stars in your project) My entry:
Challenge 15: Vintage (I made a tag for this challenge, and started making a matching card, however, I didn´t "feel" it, so I didn´t enter either....😊, in other words; I wasted a lot of time I could have spent on actual entries😳)
Thrown in at set times through out the day there were speed challenges. On Friday the speed challenge was called "Clean and simple", my entry (which was lucky enough to be picked as challenge winner🎉):
On Friday, the night challenge was called "Inspirational picture". On Saturday the anouncement of the challenge was delayed, and I missed it completely, but I saw later that it had been called: Butterflies or other birds. Saturday night´s challenge was called "Signs of spring", which I entered with this rocker card:
Then finally, Sunday´s speed challenge was to make "Playing Card Art". This I hadn´t even heard of before, so I was curious as to try it out. Here is my entry:
If all these challenges weren´t enough, there were challenges in connection to the scrap along, and the other demos as well. I made a card for the scrap along, a shabbychic card with lots of flowers and other decorations. My entry:
All in all it was a great and very creative weekend. Although exhausting and hard on my bank account, it is definitely something I want to do again. The dates for this fall´s scrapmeet is already out, so hopefully I will be able to set aside the weekend of September 16.-18th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...