Sunday, August 2, 2020

I should have learned by now!



Today's post is a card I made in a hurry, because I needed a water-themed card for a card challenge. Alas, I made all the rookie mistakes that I used to make when I first started out dabbling in card making. I had decided to make a shaker card, and it is not like I haven't made shaker cards before, but I still went about it in the wrong order of things. I should have made the card front more appealing than plain white, I should have made the shaker part thicker, so that the shaker elements moved more freely etc. I ended up with a lot of "should haves", however, I did have a card I could send in to the challenge in the end. And lo and behold, the card actually was drawn as the winner of the challenge, and I am a gift certificate richer than I was before I made the card!
I will however alter the card a little bit, put a sentiment on it or something like that. I might even redo the whole card, as I am NOT happy with it at all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...