Thursday, July 30, 2020

Small handbag inspired by the Paper Pixie!



For those who know what I like to craft, know that when it comes to small gift boxes, I adore everything Paper Pixie! Then if I need something a little bigger, I go to Mixed Up Craft for inspiration. This post is inspired by the Paper Pixie´s latest FB Live project. She is always live Wednesday evenings on the US East-coast, which is in the middle of the night when I am hopefully sound asleep, so I always watch the replay when I get up on Thursday morning. This morning was no different, and when I saw what she was going to make, I jumped right on the bandwagon!😂 Her projects are posted on her blog, and on YouTube on Fridays, but watching the replay I have the opportunity to pause and rewind, when ever I need to, and thus I am able to make her projects without having to wait for the YouTube tutorial.

 This handbag is made from one sheet of 8 1/2"x11" paper, if you choose to put the handle on it, you need an additional 6"x 3/4" strip. The patterned paper that is used to decorate the bag, comes out of a piece of 6"x6" paper, giving you some paper to spare.
Stamp a sentiment that you find fitting for the occasion, tie a ribbon around the handle and you are ready to go. I have also added two small embellishments on the handle trying to give the impression of the bag having metal studs.


I will be making more of these bags, for sure!👍


This would also be cool with animal prints pattern paper!


The bag closes under the lid, which makes it really sturdy, but that is in my opinion not really necessary. 
The bag is surprisingly roomy and you will be able to fit a variety of things in it!
Imagine this bag decorated with Christmas themed papers, and it will be perfect as alternative wrapping for small gifts and gift cards!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...