Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Penta-Cube Pop Up Box Card



Todays post is a card style that I swore I wouldn't do. Actually, I swore I wouldn't do it when it was a Triple-Cube Pop Up Box Card, however, then Sam Calcott from Mixed Up Craft did a FaceBook Craft-along doing the same card, only having five cubes instead of three, and since I wanted to craft-along with her, I had to try it out. The reason I wasn't going to make one of these cards, was that I can't really see who I should give it to, and for what occasion. 
It is actually a card that would work perfectly for any occasion, and I have chosen to make it into a friendship card, using Norwegian sentiments on it. 
It is a relatively easy card to make, it does, however, require cutting LOTS of mats and layers. Since I followed the live when I made this, I ended up gluing the whole thing together before adding my mats and layers, however, I would definitely recommend doing the decorating before putting it together, while everything is still flat.


Surprisingly, this card folds flat, and since it is a 5"x7" card, although a little bulky, it should be able to fit in a 5"x7" envelope. I have made a 5"x7 1/2" envelope to have a little more space. 


Mixed Up Crafts tutorial for the Penta-Cube Pop Up Box Card

Mixed Up Crafts tutorial for the Triple-Cube Pop Up Box Card





No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...