Friday, June 5, 2020

Double Z Fold Wiper Card

The other day my sister, Marianne, messaged me and asked if I had any cards that were suitable for a house warming. I didn't, so I said I would make her one tailored to her needs. She wanted a card for someone who has just moved into a house in the woods, and who has several huskies.
I had an idea for the card itself. I wanted to include some dog/husky related papers, which turned into giving me a buck-load of trouble, as I don't have ANY papers with dogs, paw prints or anything dog related at all. SO, I started searching the internet to see if I could find some suitable freebies. However, everything costed money, and you had to sign up to a program with a monthly cost. I found many cute husky images, but almost all of them were full of watermarks, so that people wouldn't steal them, but pay to access them. I did sign up with a page, but got really irritated when the pictures I wanted wouldn't download because of there being some error with them.
Then I came across the cutie that I have used, free of charge, printable without watermark, and I was very relieved!๐Ÿ˜‚ However, my job wasn't done by far....I still didn't have any background papers. I have found good patterned paper for free via Pinterest before, so I went there and searched until I found a cute paper pack. Yes it cost a little, but I was sick of searching, so I purchased it and decided which papers to use, and got crafting.

To meet my sisters brief for the card, I needed to include: house in the woods and huskies. I knew I had the husky part all taken care of, but I had no idea how to include the woods. Then I remembered that I have some stamps of different types of forests in my stash. I dug them out and luckily the one I wanted fit perfectly on the speech bubble I wanted to stamp my sentiment on. So, I pulled out some distress oxide ink, bundled sage, as I wanted a toned down impression, and printed it onto my speech bubble. After letting it dry for a bit, I stamped my sentiment, "Gratulerer med nytt hjem" (Congratulations with a new home) in Versafine Black Pigment Ink on top of my forest. Even though most people probably wouldn't understand why there was a forest under the sentiment, I believed that the recipient of the card, and my sister would get it.๐Ÿ˜ƒ
The sentiment with the stamped forest in the background.

Since this was a wiper card, I needed a pop up function. Initially I had wanted a husky to pup up, and I tried printing out several, but didn't find any I liked that didn't have a watermark across the front of it. Therefore I decided to have a bouquet of flowers popping up instead. I think I have mentioned Mixed Up Crafts Sam Calcott and how she recently had her collection of stamps, dies, embossing folders and paper pads released? Anyway, I know she has a bouquet of tulips and a hand to hold them in one of her stamp sets, so I thought they would be fitting as a pop up element. I did initially want to make this card a couple Wiper Card, but decided to ditch the second wiper mechanism when I ran into problems with it when trying to attach it๐Ÿ˜‰. By now I was starting to get very pleased with the outcome of the card, so I decided enough was enough๐Ÿ˜‚!
The only thing left to do was to make an envelope that matched.


I have since delivering the card to my sister, gotten a message saying that the recipient liked the card....puh!๐Ÿ˜‚

And here is Sam Calcott making a Double Z Fold with a Double Wiper Card Mechanism! 
Enjoy!๐Ÿ˜ƒ






No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...