Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Triple Diamond Gatefold Card



Triple Diamond, but double Geri😃!
I made this Triple Diamond Gatefold Card after seeing a live FB craft along with Mixed Up Crafts Sam Calcott. I didn't have the same stamps and embossing folders that she had, so instead I used some of the stamps, as well as an embossing folder, from her lovely collection "Made To Surprise".
Meet the Geri the giraffe! Along with Horace the Horse, Geri has quickly turned in to Sam's followers favorites! And you would have to be made of stone not to smile when you see the two!
I have used watercolor pencils to color in the images, and distress oxide inks to color the embossed papers.

There is only one giraffe stamp of Geri, so in order to have two of them facing each other, I have used mirror stamping. There are many tutorials on how to do mirror stamping, but here I have chosen Jennifer McGuire´s tutorial on both mirror stamping AND mirror die cutting:


The Triple Diamond GateFold is a Fun Fold card, and who better to link to than the queen of Fun Fold Cards herself, Sam Calcott of Mixed Up Craft, when wanting to show you a tutorial of the technique!



Enjoy!

The card closes with a belly band.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...