Monday, June 15, 2020

Free standing Flower Pot Card




My mother's birthday is tomorrow, but we, the closest family was invited to celebrate it with her a few days early. We all chipped in on a gift for her, and I got the task of creating a card for the occasion. I had made a couple of cards that with her in mind already, but when I saw Sam Calcott from Mixedupcraft.com make this one, I had to give it a try. Sam created her card with a layered flower stamp set from Altenew, which of course I don't have, so I had a search through my stamps as I thought I remembered having a layering rose 🌹 set. Which I had! And what better to make for mum than a card with her favorite color of roses, yellow!
The card in itself is really easy to make, it is the stamping that takes time. A layered stamp has usually at least three layers of stamps where one goes on top of the next, starting with the lightest shade of color. So, a lot of stamping, but well worth it in the end, as it creates a flower that has depth. 


In order for there to be room to write a message for the recipient, you make a "stick-in" that you also decorate with flowers. These flowers will sit a little higher than the flowers that are attached to the flower pot, thus adding height to the card.

This was a very fun card to make, that I most likely will make more of in the future!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...