Monday, June 1, 2020

What is it with purple and butterflies?!

One color card making - Wilted Violet
 Todays post were two fairly quick cards from the other day, both made as a result of a Live Craft along with Sam Calcott from Mixed Up Craft. She was making one colored cards, and since I came a bit late into the live, I decided I wouldn't craft along with her. So I ended up pulling out a new frame die I had just received, and started making a shaker card with it, It has 5 compartments in it that just screams out shaker card to me😂! So, while others were making their versions of one colored cards, I stuck to making my shaker. I die cut my frame in foam and glued it on the background, before filling four compartments with different colored glass jewels and the largest compartment with tiny butterflies. I then closed it up with acetate and glued on the frame that I had die cut in purple. Was a bit irritated when I saw that the foam die cut I had used was a bit larger than the card stock die cut, as the foam had stretched a bit during the die cutting process. Oh well, I guess I will have to live with it. Lastly I stamped a sentiment on some purple card stock, die cut some butterflies in a lighter purple, stuck them on vellum and decorated with Nuvo Drops.
Shaker card using two different purple cards stocks.

Afterwards however, I decided to make my version of a one colored card.
I chose the distress oxide ink color wilted violet, and varied the pressure of my ink blending to create different shades of purple. I had a ribbon that was approximately the same purple which I added, along with two butterflies that I had die cut out of ink blended card stock. These were glued on top of vellum that had a nice shimmer. I stamped my sentiment on white, also using the same distress oxide Wilted Violet ink. Last but not least, I finished the card off with some Nuvo Drops, which did not work as they usually do, as they didn't collapse on themselves and dried in peaks instead😢.


All in all I am quite pleased with both my purple butterfly cards🦋💜!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...