Sunday, May 24, 2020

Det blir alltid sol etter regn.

Det blir alltid sol etter regn.
Todays card is a card inspired by Natasha Foote and her tutorial on the Ripped Paper Tutorial:

It is a very easy way yo make a card that only requires some ripped paper, inks, some sort of blending instrument and a stamp or two. And of course and idea of what you want your card to look like😉!

My card started out with the green grassy ground and the hills in the background and then when I messed up a bit on the sky...I tried to put in some sunlight that didn't work out at all, and I ended up having to go fairly heavy handed with the blue on top to cover up my mistake. Then when I went looking for a stamp to put in the foreground, I realized that I didn't have any trees in my collection. So I kept searching for an other alternative, and found the umbrella holding woman. Seeing that my sky looked like there was a storm coming, I changed my original idea, stamped the woman out to the side, colored her with Copic Markers, before I went back in with some more blue and added rain-like stripes to my sky, and voila, I had a story😂! I knew what kind of text I wanted to have on the side, but also knew that I didn't have a stamp that said what I wanted, so I went with "There will always be sun after rain", thinking that it would fit as well.
To finish off the card I used the same blue ink (Distress Oxide - Faded Jeans) and created a narrow border on the edges of the card base, before gluing my topper panel onto it. I also added some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Midnight Blue around the stamped sentiment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...