Sunday, May 7, 2023

Quick and Simple: Easel Cards

Lately I have been in need of making cards that are quick and simple. I haven´t made more than a few easel cards before, but I remembered that they are fairly straight-forward cards. Therefore I have gone for easel cards twice recently, for cards I needed done quickly. I must admit, though, that the actual process of making the easel-mechanism is quick and simple, the decorating - not so much so.🫣 The first card, "Bon Voyage" challenged me somewhat when I tried to decide what to put behind the wheel of the VW Beetle. I had made the actual Beetle some time ago, when I first bought the dies, and I have had it sitting on my desk reminding me to use it for something. SO when I took part in a Challenge called "Vehicles", I thought it was a perfect fit. I didn´t for the life of me think that it would be so hard to find something to fit inside the car! When I initially made the car, I had thought that I would build some sort of critter-scene around it, but then, when I was actually making the card, I couldn´t find any critters that were suitable.😂 Instead I found a freebie online, that I scaled down and colored in. I adjusted the background to suit the new drivers.
My second card is a confirmation card for the son of some of my sister´s friends. I was told that the card needed to show that it was a card for a gamer. I immidiately had some concern. #1 I don´t really make confirmation cards, and #2 I don´t have a lot of confirmation stamps and dies that can be used for a gamer. To solve my concerns I needed to ask a few vital questions. Is he a computer-gamer, or a consol-gamer? What games does he like to play, and so on. The answers I was given was that he is a computer-gamer and that he is a big fan of "Terraria". My immediate thought was; "good, he only plays one game!" I had, however, never heard of the game Terraria.🫣 Thank goodness for Google, Etsy and Pinterest! The image I chose was fairly large, and to accomadate the size I ended up with a large easel card. Since I don´t know the game, I hope that the image is recognizable to Terraria fans. To make it into a confirmation card, I added a teenager, the necessary wording, and his name. As the easel-stopper I chose a picture of one of the characters, "Ash".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...