Thursday, May 4, 2023

Pinwheel Shaker Cards

In late March, I attended another digital scrapping weekend hosted by Bikuben.com As always they had scrap-a-longs, and one of them was about "Pinwheel Cards". I had bought a Pinwheel Card-kit in advance, and was eager to learn how to make a card that I had yet to try out making.
The first two photos of this post, is of a card I made a few weeks after the scrap-a-long. I made it on comission for my sister, who asked if I could make a card for a one-year old. I picked out some subtle papers in pinks and other pastels, and on the front I decorated with a small round shaker, and some adorable hand colored mice from Lawn Fawn. On the back of the card I placed the Happy Birthday greeting, or "Gratulerer med Dagen" in Norwegian. I also put the name of the one-year old on the back. I attached everything to a paper-straw that I had painted pink.
My second Pinwheel Shaker is a celebration of bees called "Bee Creative". I made this during the scrapping weekend, just because I found the card really fun to make. I have used the Graphic 45 collection Let it Bee, added a hexagon shaker element and some cute wooden bees. The straw of this one is painted black.
On the back of the Bee Creative Card, I added a text that I thought suited the card perfectly. It says: "Even Busy Bees Stop and Smell the Flowers".
The third and last card of this post is the original scrap-a-long Pinwheel Shaker. The scrap-a-long was right before Easter, therefore it has an Easter theme. The shaker element is an egg, and the text says "Happy Easter".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...