Thursday, July 7, 2022

Masculine Birthday Cards

Last week I was in need of a masculine birthday card for a friend, and since I didn´t have one on hand I decided to make one really quickly. Masculine cards are always a struggle, but a maritime theme is always a pleaser for a manly make. I have a variety of sea related stamps, so I had a look in my stash and decided to use some free stamps, "The Nautical Collection" by Sara Davies, that came with the cardmaking magazine "Simply Cards & Papercraft" issue 207. I also decided to make a shaker card. It´s been a while since I made one, so I thought it was about time, - and it is always fun to receive an interactive card. Unfortunately, I mixed some glitter in with the shaker elements that I chose, not remembering that glitter will cling to the acetate front. ********************************************************************************** Since the size I had chosen for my card was A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"), I had two card blanks, so I decided to make another card, as I already had all the stamps and coloring pencils out. It came out similar, but quite different at the same time.
I am really pleased with the fairly short amount of time I needed to make these two cards. And I am pleased with how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...