Saturday, July 30, 2022

A Trip Down Memory Lane!🥰

When I was 19, I spent a year as an AuPair on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. I totally fell in love with the place, and I have many fond memories from my stay there!
When I took up card making I looked for interesting groups to follow on Facebook, and one of the groups I started following pretty early on was {creative chick} studio share. This group is run by Jenn Shurkus, or the {creative chick}, as she calls herself. Initially my main reason for asking for memebership in this group, was that she is based on Cape Cod, but she is also on Lawn Fawn´s creative team, a crafting brand that I like very much, AND she makes beautiful cards!🥰 The members in this group are mostly experienced card makers, so their posts are very beautiful and inspirational, and my makes definitely don´t match theirs in any way, so I never posted anything in the group. Not before now.
Earlier this week I received a messenger message from a friend of mine who wanted to show me what she had ordered from Lawn Fawn. We usually try to order our crafting supplies through stores based here in Norway, both because of shipping time and import taxes, however since our main Lawn Fawn supplier unfortunately closed her shop, my friend who is an avid Lawn Fawn fan has chosen to order directly from the States a couple of times now. We started to chat about a few of the items, and I mentioned that I had seen a video in which Jenn Shurkus, along with Kelly, the owner of Lawn Fawn, demonstrate making a couple of cards using the items in question. When talking about Jenn Shurkus, I happened to mention that I had bought a set of stamps form her a few years back, and that I hadn´t used them yet. My friend wanted me to send her a photo of the stamps, and then she challenged me to use them making a card, setting the deadline for the challenge to a week from when she gave me the challenge.
I immediately thought the stamps would go perfectly with Lawn Fawn´s Platform Pop-Up and the add-on dies.
I did the card in stages, as I didn´t have the time to sit down and finish it in one go. However, with a few trial and errors and some adjusting, I got it finished way before the deadline! I know a few changes I would have done if I were to do it again, but all in all I am pretty happy with it!
Thanks for looking!🥰

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...