Thursday, January 27, 2022

Single Stepped Shutter Card

A couple of the women in one of the card groups I belong to on FB, have recently shared some beautiful Double Stepped Shutter Cards. I decided to have a look at the tutorial they followed, and the YouTube creator, Iced Images, started the double card by first showing how to make a single. I decided to practise making a single version first, and then dive into the double after seeing whether or not I liked making it. I did like it, and I am in the midst of making the double version right now, I just have the decorating part left. Anyway, I will show the single version that I have made in this blogpost, then I´ll see if I´ll make a post about the double version once it is finished.
To make this card I used Lawn Fawndamentals cardstock in "rainforest", as I was thinking of making a card with a jungle theme. I had some spesific paper from the Made To Surprise Swing Card release in mind. Both the paperpad, but also the critters, are perfect for building a really fun scene. I had already stamped and colored several of the jungle animals, so all I had to do was to decide on which ones I wanted to include, and where to put them. SO this card turned out to be a really fun and very easy one to make! A real change for me, as I usually struggle when it comes to decorating my cards.
A card like this doesn´t have too many options for where to write your message, but I ended up putting a panel on the back of the card for exactly that. The card folds flat and fits in a 6"x6" envelope. So there you have it, my Single Stepped Shutter Card.😊
Iced Images´YouTube tutorial:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...