Thursday, September 24, 2020

Hogs and Kisses

This was really a fun card to make! I just got this adorable pig stamp a few weeks ago, and I have wanted to make a card with it ever since. The first thing I did was to stamp the pig on a white piece of paper measuring 4 1/2" x 8" piece of paper. Then I masked it off, before inkblending what I thouoght was a suitable background. I felt like the pig would go well with fall-like colors, so I chose the distress oxide colors: carved pumpkin, fire brick, gathered twigs and pine needles, and blended them around the stamped image. When I was close to done, I decided that the background needed more subtle transitions between each color, therefore I added a little touch of Hero Arts Unicorn pigment Ink. I then proceeded to color in the pig, using copic markers. I stamped the sentiment: Hogs and Kisses on a white scrap of paper and did some light ink blending on top of it, before cutting it down and adding some foam tape on the back. I also added some twine to the bottom part of the ink blended background, and placed the sentiment on top of it. I prepared a card base measuring 5" x 8 1/2", as well as two mats, using canned pumpkin and red cardstock. I then added foam tape to the back of my stamped, colored and ink blended background and added it to the actual card. Quite a few of my outlines had gone rather blurry in the whole process so I went over everything with micro pigment ink pens to make them sharper. Last but not least I addes some glossy accents to the pig´s eyes, as well as some clear decorative drops to the bottom of the card. I aslo added some droplets flickered onto the inkblended background using white watercolor. However, I didn´t take into account that the white whater color would react with the distress oxide and turn yellow instead of white.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...