Monday, August 10, 2020

New addition to the Love Box Series

The other day I decided that I needed to expand my Love Box Series. I have several Bolsius products that I need to design gift boxes for, but I decided that it was time for the Bosius Wax Melts to get a gift box.
Normally when I make a box for my Love Box Series, I start from scratch and take all the measurements of the item that is going into the box, and design the box from those. This time, because the Wax Melts packaging has quite the odd shape, I decided that I would use a gift box/bag that I have already made, and just tweak the measurements to fit the Wax Melts. A while back, Mixed Up Craft had a Facebook Craft-a-long, where she showed how she had taken apart a box and tweaked it to her own needs. I decided to do the same. I took apart the bag in question and tweaked it to my own needs.😉

I started out making a box that had the right dimensions, but I wasn't happy with the papers that I had used, so therefore I started over. The result was the pink box below, that holds the Magnolia Wax Melts. The decorations on that box, set the standards of how I was going to decorate the other boxes, and I am quite happy with the way the boxes show the "trademark" style that I have set for the Love Box Series.
One thing I have changed up from the other boxes is that on these boxes you can actually see which fragrance you can expect on the inside of the box. On all three Wax Melts boxes I have diet out what fragrance is on the inside. Quite fiddly work, if I might say so, as the letters are quite small, and you need to stack and glue three of each together to create some dimension. I guess it is needless to say that I had glue all over my fingers by the time I was done. However, that doesn't matter, as I love the effect it has on the boxes. 
The more products I make boxes for, the more I see the look of the Love Box Series evolve. Hopefully soon I will have landed on a look that is approximately the same for all the products.

I even shot a video of how I made one of the boxes, https://youtu.be/v1PIzl0A-Kw, it is made as a tutorial, I am, however, more aiming to show how I made these boxes. 
I am not happy that it shows the image of a box for another Love Box Series box as a thumb nail, though, the Magnolia Fragrance Sticks Box. However, because I finished the video by showing some of the other Love Boxes, the last picture of the video is what is set as the video image. I am sure that there is a way to change it, but I am not YouTube sassy enough, to figure out how. 
                                             

This is the discarded box, that I made first, and then partly because of the papers decided that I wouldn't use. I am sure I will find another use for it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...