Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Building Block Card


On Friday, the 31st of July, Sam Calcott of Mixed Up Craft was going to do another Facebook Live. Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to watch, as I had a service appointment with my car that I had to go to. During that Live she made this beautiful card, a Building Block Card or a Block Card, if you like. Luckily for me though, she put up a YouTube tutorial on how to make the card really soon thereafter, as I didn't really feel like watching the live after the fact.
So yesterday I made this card, that I am really happy with! I absolutely adore the papers I have used. They are from the series "Little Fawn and Friends" from Craft Consortium. I decided to use Norwegian sentiments on the card, as I more often end up sending cards to Norwegian friends, as supposed to English speaking ones. The sentiments are all about having courage, and therefore I have simply called the card "Mot!", or "Courage!" in English. The sentiment says. "Courage to do what you dare not do."
This is a card that was a lot easier to make than I initially thought, much because of the great tutorial 
Sam Calcott has made.


I kept the theme of being courageous on the back of the card with another sentiment that says "What would life be if we didn't have the courage to try?"


I thought the card deserved a matching envelope.


Building Block Card tutorial by Mixed Up Craft



No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...