Tuesday, April 7, 2020

School Satchel Gift Bag

School Satchel Gift Bag
Out of my comfort zone?? Just a little๐Ÿ˜‰! This is yet another mixedupcrafts.com project.
I doubt that I will make very many of these, don't get me wrong, they are fun to make, and I think the end result is stunning, I don't, however, think of a gift bag when I see it. So, note to friends and family: Don't expect to get your Christmas gifts in a gift bag like this!!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

In order to make this satchel you need several sheets of 12"x12" paper. Until recently I didn't have much paper of that size, but I have bought quite a bit of it lately. I decided to use some of my one-colored sheets, some that has a nice texture to it, and of course I wanted to use my purple ones. I cut and scored all the pieces I needed, it was only when I started to burnish the score lines that I realized the I had used the wrong type of paper.๐Ÿ˜” Many of my score lines cracked and I was left with several straight rips in the paper. As I didn't want to waste the paper, though, I continued making the satchel. I guess I will count it as my trial-and-error version, as it could not hold anything with any weight or bulk to it, the way it is now. I have promised myself though, that I will make , at least, one more satchel like this one, using more suitable papers. NOTE TO SELF: Do not make this project with "My Colors Cardstock" with Canvas texture!๐Ÿ˜

I am, however, really pleased with the straps and buckles. The straps were made using my brand new Brother Scan´n Cut, and for the buckles I die cut circles and constructed them to look like buckles.

Here is Sam Calcott´s School Satchel tutorial:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...