Thursday, April 16, 2020

A variety of cards using hearts as the focal point.

"You Have My Heart" - heart made with the herringbone technique.
 The first card in my post today is made using a technique called the herringbone technique. It is a great technique to use if you want to use up some of all the paper-scraps you get when making cards.
I have chosen to use papers from Lawn Fawn´s Really Rainbow series (lawnfawn.com), placed the scrap stripes down on double sided adhesive with gaps between them. Then I filled in the gaps with pink glitter and tied a pink ribbon around the heart, before adhering it to some glitter card stock with foam tape. I found the sentiment "You have my heart" to be a fitting sentiment.
There are many tutorials on the herringbone technique out there. Here are a few:

I got the idea of using glitter when using the herringbone technique from Sam Calcott from Mixed Up Craft (mixedupcraft.com

Watch her do it in this tutorial:

"Fluttering By to say Hi....", another card using the herringbone technique.

In the next two cards I have die-cut out several hearts and divided them up, thinking I would put them together again changing up the different heart pieces. The idea for this type of card comes from a different card maker on youtube, Natasha Foote. I thought, however, that the hearts looked the best when I didn't mix them up - so I glued them back together without mixing them up. Again the papers are from Lawn Fawn´s Really Rainbow series (lawnfawn.com)
"You Have My Heart 1" 
My first card is made by putting a heart back together on a blue metallic background. The papers used for the hearts on both cards are from lawnfawn.com - you guessed it😉, the Really Rainbow Series. Both cards have gotten an added ribbon and the "You have my Heart" sentiment.
"You have my Heart 2"

Here is Natasha´s youtube tutorial for making this type of card:

Last but not least I have included a card I have shared on my blog before, Another Pop Out Swing Card.
Pop Out and Swing Card - "Friends Forever" 
                                                 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...