Thursday, February 27, 2020

Using Coordinating stamp and die-sets

It's Plane to See
Todays card was actually made a couple of days ago, but I haven't really felt like posting the last few days....but here it is. I meant to create a fun-looking card, which was not too difficult with this coordinating stamp and die-set from aliexpress.com. I have several more sets like this one, so if I can get back into a creative mood, I should make some more fun cards.

I finished a totally different type of card just a little while ago, using the trial cut-outs of a set of new dies I just received (also from aliexpress.com). Sometimes when I receive dies I like to try out cutting them to see if they cut well, or whether or not I need to use an extra shim in my die-cut machine in order to get a nice result. These frame dies were quite intricate, so I suspected that I needed to use my metal shim to get a clean cut, which I did. I loved the color paper (Peacock from Lawn Fawn, lawnfawn.com) I had used so much, that I felt like creating a quick card utilizing the die-cuts I was left with after my trial run.

May All Your Dreams Come True
Since I have a fascination with dreamcatchers, and I thought the pattern on my frame die-cuts fit well with an Indian theme, I die-cut three dreamcatchers that I then glued on top of each other for dimension. I used Distressed Oxide Inks (brushed corduroy, peacock feathers, abandoned coral and squeezed lemonade) and applied them to the dreamcatcher with my ink-daubers. I used gumdrops in matching colors and placed them on the dreamcatcher as well as on the frame part of my card front. I finished the card by gluing the focal part of the card front onto a mat, also cut from Lawn Fawn´s Peacock paper. Last but not least, I stamped a sentiment, also from lawnfawn.com - from the Dandy Day coordinating stamp and die set from their newest release, onto some scrap pieces of paper, created dimension by adhering it onto the card with some foam-tape. After a rather long process of trying to decide where to put it, I ended up placing it in the middle of the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...