Saturday, February 29, 2020

First attempt at video-editing!



Mini Milk Cartons with Lids

Today's project turned into quite a project. I have for a long time now, wanted to have a go at making tutorials for my crafted items, be it a card or a box, just to use as sort of a craft-diary for myself.  I use a Mac, so I needed an editing program suitable for IOS. I have used iMovie a bit at work, but felt like it wouldn't quite do the trick for what I needed, so I looked into some other popular programs from Apple. A lot of people recommend the Final Cut Pro X, but since it costs quite a fortune, I didn't feel quite ready to invest all that money into something I might not even use because I couldn't get the hang of it. Luckily for me, Apple offers a 30 days free trial period, so I ended up downloading that. The result being that I have spent the better part of today trying to understand how to do the simplest things when it comes to editing videos I have shot with my iPhone. Even though I had some videos from before, I decided to record a new one, working on a new project. 
I have once again chosen something I have found on paperpixie.com This is the project she posted this week, and her tutorial looks like it was made by a pro compared to mine. Oh well, at least I was able to edit together a video at all😂, and I am not totally displeased with my first attempt, although I know there is lots of room for improvement!!
Here are the boxes that I made:
Green


Pink, love

Purple, love
The one I made in the tutorial

And here is the link to the attempt at a tutorial: https://youtu.be/TDluRvHSISk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...