Monday, September 5, 2022

Preserving memories using mixed media!

Encorporating photos in a mixed media project, is an excellent way of keeping a memory fresh, and at the same time show it off to others. This photo collage was inspired by a CraftStash live hosted by Marta Debicka, Drop of Sunshine, on Sunday August 28th. In addition to being inspired by her, I have used papers from her latest digital paper collection "Goodbye Summer". I started out by gluing ripped patterned paper onto canvas. I then decided I wanted copper to be the main background color, so I heat embossed copper embossing powder onto both the paper and the canvas that was showing through. I cut the photos out using a round die, and made each of them a frame of copper metallic paper. Like Marta, I cut out some extra circles for additional decoration.
I wrote the name of the place and the date directly onto one of the elements using word, and printed it out. I then added some butterflies from the collection, as well as some gems, and considered the project to be done. However, the more I looked at it, the more I thought something was missing. So I decided to add a few handmade foamarian flowers and die-cut several leaves from the same copper metallic paper that I had used on the frames and circles. THEN, I was happy enough to call it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...