Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Card Maker of the Year 2022

Every year, the Practical Publishing Company arranges a competition amongst crafters to choose 4 crafters who will get the title "Card Maker of the Year". In addition to huge prizes, the winners will be featured in the magazine "Simply Cards & Papercraft", and they will earn a spot on the Papercraft Magazines Design Team, meaning they’ll be commissioned to create projects for Simply Cards & Papercraft, Papercraft Essentials, Die-cutting Essentials and Creative Stamping! In other words, the winner´s papercrafting careers will change in the blink of an eye. Here are this years lucky winners.
I decided to try my luck, without having any expectations of being one of the lucky ones. So, a few weeks before the deadline, I created my entries, and sent them off in the mail. Two of the entries can be cards, while the third should be a different kind of papercrafted item.
For my two cards I made a Z Fold card, using papers from Graphic 45 - the three photos above, and a shaker card - below.
Then, for my third project, I decided to make a one page (12"x12") interactive mini-album. I called it "The Little Book of Samples". Since it has a many pages all holding some sort of sample, it takes a lot of photos to show everything! Please excuse all the photos below!🫣
Thanks for looking!😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...