Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine´s Day!

For this year´s Valentines I made a gift box and a card for my hubby. It started out as an Apron Style Gift Box that I had just watched a Mixed Up Craft YouTube tutorial on. However, as I was working on it,it changed from an apron holding several tools, to somewhat of a toolbox. I am happy with the result, however, were I to start out with the intention of making a tool box, I would do it totally differently.
I decorated it with a bunch of tags calling my hubby lots of nice and charming things, and inside I put a jar of chocolate covered almonds. Maybe, if I am a nice girl, he will give me some, as well😘!
The card was made a few weeks ago, when I saw Mixed Up Craft share a card she herself had received for her 40th birthday, a so-called Book Flip Card. I chose to make it in blue, even though it is a Valentine´s Day Card.❤️💙❤️ As seen in the photos of the card with the box, I have personalized the bellyband a little more since taking the photos of the finished card.
As I was in the midst of making this card, one of my closest friends called to tell me that her mom had died the same day, so I ended up making another Book Flip Card, also in blue, but this time with the purpose of being a sympathy card.😢

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...