Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Cards with a colored image as the focal point.

Last week I was coming off a real card-making high. I had made several cards that I was really happy with, but all of a sudden I didn´t seem to have any ideas on cards to make anylonger. I found myself sitting at the desk in my craft room, just staring into space. I had as it is famously called among crafters, LOST MY MOJO🤣.
Luckily for me, my best crafting friend, Catelijne, called me on Messenger that same night to discuss a few crafting issues. When I mentioned that I was totally void of ideas on what to make next, she reminded me that I had just received a beautiful new stamp from Simon Says Stamp, in the US, that I just HAD TO HAVE, and that I ended up paying a small fortune for.😳
She gave me several ideas on how I could use it, and although I chose none of them, I actually managed to make a card with the stamp, as well as starting on yet two other backgrounds with the same stamp, that I can continue working on to make two more cards. The stamp on the card that I finished, is colored with Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend Alcohol Markers.
The same week I had also received some, not quite as pricy stamps from AliExpress, and since I felt like was a bit on a "coloring roll", I decided to stamp these stamps and color some of them as well. The one below is colored with my Black Widow Coloring Pencils.
On the next two cards I have used my alcohol markers again. It is important for me to mention though, that I am truly a beginner when it comes to coloring, be it with pencil or markers!
After coloring the images, I just matted them and adhered them to a card front, trying to use mats that matched the coloring that I had just done. Because the stamps are so varied in size, I ended up with a huge variation in card sizes, which meant having to make an array of different envelope sizes to fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...