Sunday, February 6, 2022

Book Flip Cards

I recently found a tutorial by Mixed Up Craft on how to make this fun fold style card called "Book Fold Cards". I actually think it originated in a weekly FaceBook live, before she posted it on YouTube. It is a fun card to make, and depending on how you decide to decorate it, you can use it for any occasion. I made two cards. The first one turned into a masculine Valentines Day Card, while with the second card I was aiming for a sympathy card, as I needed one for a very good friend of mine who just lost her mother.
The card measures only 2 3/4" x 8 1/4" when it is folded flat. I chose a belly-band to hold it closed, rather than the ribbon that Sam Calcott uses in her tutorial.
This is the sympathy card that I made. I chose to make it in a different shade of blue, and I used white to contrast the patterned paper and the blue.
The second card closed with it´s belly-band.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...