Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Tower Block Card

The second new card style I tried out this weekend was the "Tower Block Card". This is as far as I know also originally from one of Sam Calcott´s FB lives. I love how this card looks, but I soon found out that it is quite a nuisance to put together. The card consists of four equal panels each having three "glue-tabs", and I must have glued it together in the wrong order or something, as I ran into trouble joining the edges so that they formed perfect 90 degree angles in all four corners. However, I think I managed a decent result in the end. The card also has a lot of small panels that needs to be covered and decorated. In other words a lot of squares that needed to be cut out. I chose to make four bigger panels that I could stamp on, and I decided to have them going vertically, one on each of the sides of the card.
I searched my stamp stash for some stamps that had vertical sentiments, but I didn´t quite like the ones I found, therefore I decided to put together some words, using a beautiful alphabet set that I just received from a seller on ebay the other day. I put together the words LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE, and stamped each word on it´s own panel, although since I am not 100% certain of the order of the words, I think I might have put them together wrongly. But that doesn´t really matter too much, as the words look really beaut
On the fourth and last panel I just used the same pattern paper that I had chosen for all of my smaller panels. I used a single sheet that I had in my stash from Graphic 45´s Bloom Collection called Dainty Blossoms. I might try and see if I can get a hold of more of the papers from that collection. I went with a lilac swirl smooth card stock from Bazzil for my card base, used a darker purple for all my mats, and decorated with small lilac swirl butterflies on random panels.
The last picture that I want to include is the view of the card from above.
Here is a link to the YouTube Tutorial that I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...