Monday, May 3, 2021

Cascading Gatefold Card

I spent some time this weekend trying out some card styles that I haven´t tried out before, but that I have wanted to give a go. As more often than not, I turn to Sam Calcott of Mixed Up Craft when looking for new styles to try out. I actually have a very LONG list of cards that I want to make, but don´t I seem to be able to keep up with my list. This weekend I had a go at 3 new card styles and the Cascading Gatefold Card was one of them. If I am not mistaken, Sam first made it on one of her Live Craft-alongs on FB, but I first saw it when many of the so-called MUCAs (members of Sam´s group Mixed Up Crafters on FB) started sharing their beautiful versions of the card. I didn´t get around to making it until this weekend. It is a very nice card that was quite fun to make, and it is a good opportunity to use a lot of different papers that one has sitting in ones stash. I decided on the papers after I had a look at some toppers that I have in a bag hanging right in form´nt of me on my crafting table. Luckily, I remembered that I had bought the papers that belongs with the toppers, and not the toppers alone. The collection is from Kaiser Craft and it is called Sunkissed, a very vibrant and tropical collection of papers and toppers. In addititon I used a single sheet of paper from the Norwegian Crafting Company "Kort og Godt". I think I was able to pull off a fairly cheerful and colorful card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...