Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Penny (not so much) Slider Rocker Card

A while back I had to come up with a card for my sisters 50th Birthday, and it took me quite some time to decide which card to make. I had just seen a lot of penny slider cards, and when Sam Calcott of Mixed Up Craft shared her beautiful combination of a Penny Slider and a Rocker Card, I instantly knew that was the card I wanted to make. I decided that I wanted clean bold colors, and went with red and white. I started by making the slider part, and was really happy when it seemed to be working just fine. The slider spun around the the entire circle track without any problems. So I glued it onto the card base and started decorating. Unfortunately, I quickly found out that the butterfly that I wanted to be the visible part of the slider, was to heavy, and just like that, my fully functional slider was no longer sliding like it should. The butterfly remained in the lower part of the slider track, upside-down for the most part. Dissapointed, but not defeated, I decided to glue it stuck where I thought it looked pretty. I finished the card off with red and white flowers, stuck on the number 50, and since the sliding track wasn't going to be used anylonger, I decorated it with some white Nuvo Drops. Even though the finished result wasn't really what I intended, I was quite happy with the end result. Here is the tutorial from Mixed Up Craft:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...