Thursday, April 22, 2021

Double Gatefold Card, using Graphic 45 Fairy Wings Collection

I'm in this Facebook Card making group where one of the members is always sharing the most beautiful cards using various patterned paper collections. She is an expert at making cards that showcases the papers of her choice. One of the makers of pattern paper that she uses a lot is Graphic 45. I have purchased some of their papers, but up until recently I haven't had any, but one, of their collections. However, after seeing all the beautiful cards that the group member have posted, I decided to try to get a hold of the Graphic 45 Collection called "Fairy Wings". Unfortunately, when the collection arrived, I was stomped for ideas of what card to make. I watched loads of tutorials on YouTube before I decided on making something as simple as a Double Gatefold Card. I find that a huge part of cardmaking is actually deciding on which card to make! Then the task of choosing which papers to use follows closely. I started out by picking my main paper, and chose the colors of the mats to best accompany the papers of my choice. When I was in the process of assembling the card, I wasn't really sure that a double gatefold was the best card to show off the papers I had chosen, however, I couldn't change my mind that far into the card. so I stuck with it, and the result is at least something I can live with. Even though it didn't turn into showcasing the papers the way I had intended. I have a lot to learn;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...