Monday, October 26, 2020

Christmas!

This weekend I devoted myself to making Christmas Cards. Even though I still find it a tad bit early, I guess it is a good time to get started. I actually made three of them, but I have decided to blog about them all seperately. Today´s post is a 2 Way Double Trifold Card inspired by mixed Up Craft. These days I don´t have the time to watch Sam Calcott´s Facebook Lives, but I know she made this card on a recent FB Live. Luckily for me she is really good at shooting her tutorials fairly soon after the lives, so there is never any problems to see how she makes the cards she makes on her Lives. I have recently started to search for, and purchase paper packs online, and a favorite place has become Etsy where I have found many versatile and most importantly cheap paper packs, perfect for the cards I want to make! I made the card base for this and the other cards I made over the weekend, last weekend, when I was working on a comission for a school friend of mine. Since she didn´t pick this card, I could just pick and choose papers for the card, and since I wanted to make some Christmas Cards, I instantly got a picture in my head of approximately what I wanted the card to look like. From the idea I had, I went paper shopping on Etsy, and I ended up with a lot of different papers. However, since I thought that this card type calls for classy and elegant, I went with some papers and colors I thought fit that brief. Anyway, I am really happy with how this card turned out! To see how to make this card you can have a look at the Mixed Up Craft tutorial:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...