Friday, July 17, 2020

Tropical Magic Iris

                                 Tropical themed Magic Iris Card


Everything tropical, seems to be what is hot in the crafting world these days. So I couldn't resist creating a tropical scene, when I finally brought out my Magic Iris dies from Lawn Fawn. 

On this card I started by embossing the distress oxide smooshed paper that I planned to create my scene on. Unfortunately not much of it can be seen on the finished card. Then I chose the images that I wanted to stamp and color, before starting a production line of stamping, coloring and fussy cutting every animal, flower and leaf, that I wanted to put on my card. Then I die cut the coverplate and started to place all the different images around the opening of where the mechanical part of the magic iris would be placed. I also decided what image I wanted to peek through when the magic iris was opened. 

The open Magic Iris

Since I think of bright and cheerful colors when I think of the tropics, I chose vibrant colors when coloring in my stamped images. I chose to use Copic Markers for my coloring work, both because I find them more vibrant than coloring pencils, (although I do feel like I give up some of the control I feel like I have using pencils, as supposed to markers), but also because I find that it is a lot quicker, and I didn't have the time to sit and color for hours. I finished the card off by putting on Glossy Accents on the eyes of the animals, the wings of the butterflies, and the center of the flowers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...