Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Swivel Lid Gift Boxes

Swivel Lid Gift Box, yellows
Swivel Lid Gift Box, pinks
 Yesterday's project was another one that I have been wanting to try for a while, but that I didn't have the right flower dies to do in it's original form, the in my mind beautiful Swivel Lid Gift Box. This is another Mixed Up Crafts project that can be found on mixedupcrafts.com. Instead of me writing a lot about how to do it, go to Sam Calcott´s video tutorial on youtube to see how an expert does it😊 https://youtu.be/659RGVnXd0w



The box measure 3 1/4" x 3 1/4", or 9,5cmx9,5cm, however, since it has a triangular piece in one of the corners, the actual item you put in the box, must be somewhat smaller.

Here you can see the triangular piece in the upper left corner.

My boxes turned out ok, but I found that I had some stability issues with them. They are pretty top heavy, and I had to enforce the sunflower itself, as I had used way too flimsy card stock on the yellow one, and it wouldn't stay out to the side when I opened it. So I cut extra pieces to glue on the first layer to make the bottom not just droop down. You also have to put something into the box in order for it to not tip over when you open it.
When there is something in the box,
though,
the box has counter-weight and stands fine.


I had to put something underneath the sunflower,
in order for the box not to tip over when the box is empty.





Partially open box

Sideview

Sideview
However, all in all, I love how these boxes turned out, though, and I will most likely try to resize them so that I can use a smaller topper.
Thanks, Sam Calcott of Mixed Up Crafts!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...