Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Another Pop Out Swing Card

Pop Out Swing Card
Today's post is basically an ode to my mom💞. I just talked to her on the phone and she said she was getting worried because I hadn't posted anything for a few days. So this post is for you, mom!! Thanks for caring about me in these crazy Corona days!!

Ok, this is another Pop Out Swing Card. A card that ended up challenging me on several levels, actually. I did at least learn a bit or two about covering up mistakes along the way, as I had no intention of giving up on this one. 

I followed the measurements and descriptions on how to make a regular one of these, but as I had decided I wanted to try making it with a heart as a swing element, I had to do a couple of adjustments to the tabs that make the card swing. Then I stupidly enough waited until I had glued everything on before trying to cut a piece to put around the heart, this to try and give the front of the card a bit more stability. I now know that I needed to do that before gluing everything together. I diet a piece that I thought I had measured right, but when I tried to glue it on it wasn't really a good fit. I then started to try to enlarging the heart part of it, but ended up making it worse than it initially had been. In the end I decided to cut the piece in half and go with just half a heart on the front card base. I thought it looked ok, but realized that I had a glue mess left where i had cut the striped paper. How was I going to cover that up? I tried with beads, but didn't like how it looked and decided to check if I had any embossing powder that was close in color to the Lawn Fawn Rainforest Card Stock (lawnfawn.com) I had used, and luckily I did. SO I ended up heat embossing the part of the front which didn't have striped paper on it. It came out ok enough, I think. By the way, the patterned paper I have used is Maja Design´s (majadesign.nu) Denim and Friends - Heartbreaker. I love, love, love Maja Design´s patterned paper series!!

Finished the card off with an matching envelope. The card measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" or just under 14cm x 14cm, and the envelope is made to fit that size.

Pop Out Swing Card, rainforest - Friends forever!

Pop Out Swing Card, opened.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...