Monday, February 10, 2020

Mothers Day Card

The inside of my attempt at an Inter-lock Double Concertina Card.
Yesterday was Mother's Day here in Norway, and I decided to take a fancier approach to this years card for my mom. I decided to try to make an Inter-locked Double Concertina card that I chanced upon when looking for a new card-fold to try out. I got the idea from Sam Calcott´s Mixed Up Crafts blog, www.mixedupcraft.com She has TONS of awesome ideas for cards and other paper craft project on her site, and each project come with an easy to follow tutorial. Check it out!!
Back to my attempt at her beautiful card. I found the card to be quite intricate and not too easy at first, and I must admit that I had to discard my first attempt, and go with a smaller version than the one Sam shows in her tutorial. However, once I got all the measurements straight in my head (I am still getting used to thinking in inches and not centimeters😅), everything went a lot more smoothly. I think I need to work on getting better at cutting everything I need before I start assembling the actual cards, though. On this, I kind of chose colors and papers as I put it together. However, I am quite pleased with how the card turned out in the end! I even think, at least I hope my mom liked it.....😅!

The front of the card.
    
The card seen from above
Check out Sam Calcutt´s tutorial here: https://youtu.be/VYaOpu20TC4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...