Monday, January 13, 2020

Long time, no postings...

I need to get better at posting my card activity here on my blog. I have been busy sharing on a page I follow on Facebook, and have not taken the time to put out any of my projects in here or on my netsite cardsbyheidiangelika.com. Since I last posted, I have created several cards, although I feel that the Christmas card production took most of my time.

I did make a card though, just because........


that really put me through the ringers....for the simple reason that the background die I was using didn't want to provide me with a clean cut. I managed to make a card, nonetheless. I decided to use the background die-cut result I got and work around it.

This is how the background was supposed to look, but I only got a partially cut result. I chose to color all the little inlays with metallic markers and replace them back into where they had originally been. Then I die cut out labels to cover up the part that had not cut out. I layered them and heat embossed a sentiment in white. 
When I was gluing all the little pieces back in to the background I found out that metallic markers are really messy to work with on tiny objects, as I got metallic ink all over my fingers which resulted in messes on my card stock. Therefore I ended up trying to "fix" the card by adding wink of stella in purple and clear. 
I am fairly happy with the result, although I wish that I had just taken the time to wash my hands instead of getting metallic ink everywhere.
Inside the card I stamped:
and on the envelope "long distance hugs" (visible on the picture with the card).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...