Thursday, January 30, 2020

Experimenting with heat-gun and vellum.

You Make My Heart Flutter; Triple Layer Stamping on Vellum
I have continued playing with my new heat-gun and decided to try to make a triple layer stamping card with vellum, as I had success heat embossing on vellum the other day.

The birthday card from the other day made with heat embossing on vellum.
To make "You Make My Heart Flutter" I cut vellum to the size card I wanted to make, layered them with some temporary glue and started to stamp and heat emboss. I started with the sentiment in the center of the card before I decided where the butterflies should go. When I was done heat embossing I  cut matting to each of the vellum pieces and adhered them all together, before I attached it to the front of a card. I then die-cut a butterfly that has a shadow. The shadow was cut from red card stock, and the actual butterfly form vellum. I heat embossed silver on the tips of the wings of the shadow butterfly, before adhering the top and the bottom together. I finished the card off by decorating both the front of the card and the butterfly with some red pearls. 
What can I say? I love my new heat-gun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...