Saturday, June 3, 2023

Mice, more mice, and an elephant!

It is not a secret that I am a huge fan of Lawn Fawn´s critters, especially their adorable mice! Their latest addition to the ever-growing family of mice, is the "Just Plane Awesome" stamp and die-set. Whenever I buy one of their sets, I like to stamp it, color it, and die-cut it, so that I have it ready to go, should I want to make something with it. Naturally, I did the same with this set. Therefore, when I had an idea for a card last week, all I needed to do was make a background, and place the mice in their places, and voila, I had made a fairly quick card. I matched it up with the Norwegian saying "den som intet våger, intet vinner", which basically translates to "the one who nothing dares, nothing wins", as I find the mice to be very daring as they fly through the air holding on to their paper planes.
The second card is made using another recent set from Lawn Fawn; "Fly High". On this card I also used already stamped, colored and die-cut elements placed on a background that is fairly similar to the on my first card. However, I made a fairly big mistake when I was putting the last touches on this card. I was attempting to make flowers using Nuvo Drops, which didn´t work out at all. I had to wipe it all off, and it left rather big colored marks on the lower part of the card. Luckily, I managed to cover the mess with flowers and a couple of mice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...