Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Milk Carton Gift Boxes

I had lots of fun this weekend making these two milk cartons! Planning the lay-out, stamping, masking, ink blending and coloring took quite a lot of time, but I enjoyed myself, which is what is important! And I actually love how they turned out☺️! Filled with chocolate, they will be a nice alternative to the more common candy-filled Easter Eggs.
There are tons of easy to adapt tutorials out there, and you can almost make it whatever size you want. I have made several Lidded Milk Cartons following one of The Paper Pixie´s easy to follow tutorials before. They are super cute, however, this time I wanted my cartons to be a little bigger, and I remembered that I had made one a while back, (you can see my blogpost about it here) crafting along with Sam Calcott on one of her Facebook lives. I used the same method of decorating on these two cartons, stamping an image, that I then masked, before ink blending my background. It is always so much fun to remove the masking and see the image pop out bright white amongst all the colors of the background! I then spent quite some time coloring in my main images.
For my backgrounds I used stencils from Lawn Fawn; the slimline cloudy stencils and the slimline grassy hillside stencils. I also drew and cut a mountain on a sheet of acetate, as I don´t have any mountain stencils.
Unfortunately I had forgotten that there was a small mistake in the live, when it comes to where to cut or not, so even though I love the results of my cartons, they were supposed to be whole/not cut at the top. Oh well, they work with the flaps, as well😃, and now I will most likely remember the next time I make one😉.
- Before cutting into the paper -
- After cutting -
- After gluing the sides together -
- Close up of the brown rabbit -
- The brown with the bottom folded and glued -
- Close up of the grey rabbit -
- The grey with the bottom folded and glued -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...