Friday, December 10, 2021

Christmas 2021

It has been ages since I last updated my blog! So what better time to do it than with a series of Christmas cards form this years production! The first four cards are the result of a trial an error. I was supposed to make some "Magical Silhouette Cards" based on Mixed Up Crafts YouTube Video from Sept. 24th of this year, however, when I tried to make up for not having any low tack glue, I ruined more than I was able to salvage. I think I had only one usable card front in the end and the only reason I could use it was before I covered up the uneven edges with a black circle frame. So I decided to make my own version, and die cut out circles for the baubles, did the ink blending and stamping, before I glued it to a white card front. I liked the effect of the black frame, so I kept that for most of my cards. I added a little bling and a bow, and was really happy with thte result. I actually liked this style so much, that I kept making some more with a little variation on the decorations.
On the two cards above, I adhered the bauble on the side of the card front, and chose to highlight the ribbon and the bow more. I also made some with different motives, using non-silhouette stamps.
The Silhouette card style is not the only style of Christmas card I have made this year though, and underneath I have uploaded photoes of some of them.
Am I ready for Christmas? I certainly hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...