Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Tri fold Cards


Peeking through to say HI
I just wanted to share a couple of Tri Fold Cards that I have made recently. I have made this type of card before as well, however, then in a smaller size. Tri-Fold Shutter Card "hang-up".
I am part of a very creative and talented group of crafters on FaceBook, I have mentioned the brain behind the group in many of my blogposts before, Sam Calcott (mixedupcraft.com). She has this amazing FB group called  Mixed Up Craft and for a while now she has had live craft-alongs in her FB group, on which she recently made a Tri Fold Card. After the lives, she makes a youtube video showing how to make the project she has made in her live. (https://youtu.be/v7o-NJYhfE4)
She recently released her own brand at Craft Stash, a net based craft shop in the UK (craftstash.com), and one of her stamp characters in that release is the cutest giraffe that she calls Geri the Giraffe. I have ordered her collection, but it is yet to arrive. However, I knew I had a giraffe among my stamps, so I took it out to play😉. I spent a loooong time coloring the giraffe and all the leaves with coloring pencils, and I must admit I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. After all the coloring, it was time to fussy cut everything, as I only have the stamps and not a coordinating die set. Oh well, I got it done in the end.
View of the card open.
The other Tri Fold Card I made after watching Sam, actually the first one of the two, is an ocean teamed card that I call "Home is where the ocean is.
Home is where the OCEAN is.

The full view of the card
On this card I have also used coloring pencil colored stamped images, which I have built up to form an ocean scene.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Fold-Over Cards

Lately I have been hooked on making a simple fold-over card, that you can easily make into a gift card/tag-pocket card. Once again...